[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Feb 23 20:08:46 UTC 2009

> This is the thing I noticed. I also question the package name, vs.
> Horde_Session_Adapter or something like that - naming/package
> organization is a big thing for me with these library ports.

Now that we are using git, package naming is trivial from the VCS
perspective.  And changing a package name is going to be just as
invasive whether the package is in horde-git or horde-hatchery so that
should not be a determining factor.  To me, code goes in horde-git if
it is stable - converting packages from CVS HEAD -> Horde 4, outside
of a typo here and there, should not affect the stability of a package
that has been used in Horde 3 for years so it should go into horde-git
IMHO.

> For the backends, Horde 4 is assuming utf-8, so it should be safe for
> ascii strings (like backend names are) to just use ucfirst. This is
> what Horde_Db does. We can revisit it later if I'm wrong on the
> charset implications. Definitely don't bring in String:: though.

Done.

michael