[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/docs LICENSES horde/services/csstidy class.csstidy.php class.csstidy_optimise.php class.csstidy_print.php data.inc.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Apr 8 16:11:48 UTC 2009

>> For GPL'd elements included in Horde (or other apps): we should
>> probably have a location on a horde server where we can keep the
>> original tarball of the distributed code in order to be GPL
>> compliant (i.e. if someone were to ever ask us for the source code).
>
> Not sure if this is necessary, they can alway get the source from
> CVS/Git. We only have to make it available, and we do this through our
> public repositories.

Good point.  2 comments on this approach:
1.) I was trying to be overly cautious since some have argued that the
GPL license applies to the entire distribution, rather than an
individual file/code section.
2.) This approach makes the most sense - we (I) just need to remember
to import the entire unchanged file into git first, and then make any
local modifications (if necessary) in a separate commit.  Don't know
if there is a place to document this or if this is something we just
need to self-police.

michael