[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/docs LICENSES horde/services/csstidy class.csstidy.php class.csstidy_optimise.php class.csstidy_print.php data.inc.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Apr 8 16:44:15 UTC 2009

>> 2.) This approach makes the most sense - we (I) just need to
>> remember to import the entire unchanged file into git first, and
>> then make any local modifications (if necessary) in a separate
>> commit.  Don't know if there is a place to document this or if this
>> is something we just need to self-police.
>
> Well, first of all we should try to *not* modify the code. :-)

I was thinking about some code we distribute currently, like fckeditor
and prototypejs.  But in the fckeditor instance, we are simply
altering files by removing the Windows linebreaks from the files
(annoying, but this isn't really changing the code for GPL purposes)
and altering config files (which aren't covered by the GPL).  And in
the prototypejs instance - we are straight up altering the code as the
fix has not yet been released downstream, but the code is MIT-licensed
so it doesn't make a difference in terms of the license.  So i guess
this was an instance where I was premature in my concerns.

michael