[dev] Exclude preferences from being stored

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Thu May 14 11:23:59 UTC 2009

> I added some prefs to the imp preferences UI and I'm using the auto
> generated forms to change some server based settings via XML-RPC. All
> this settings are in a new category in the same location like the imp
> preferences. It all works very nice. The 'simple' problem is, the
> preferences are also stored in the preferences database and I don't
> want this for this kind of settings...

Ahh, very interesting usage of Prefs. I never would thought about that :)

What you probably need is _shutdown() function. From Prefs.php docs:

    /**
     * This function will be run at the end of every request as a shutdown
     * function (registered by the Prefs:: constructor).  All prefs with the
     * dirty bit set will be saved to the storage backend at this time;
thus,
     * there is no need to manually call $prefs->store() every time a
     * preference is changed.
     *
     * @abstract
     */
    function store()
    {
    }

Also, if I were you, I'd just write a new custom driver.

--
  Best Regards,

  Vilius Šumskas
  LNK TV IT manager