[dev] Horde_Exception in a separate package?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 13 15:39:03 UTC 2009

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

[deletia]
> Taking into account that Horde_Framework itself has some significant
> dependencies I would suggest to place Horde_Exception into its own
> package. Would that be okay?

We should also make a decision if we're going to standardize on all of
our exceptions descending from Horde_Exception. It makes some sense,
but I've avoided it for a while to avoid too many dependencies.

If we do that, then yes, Horde_Exception should be a separate package
and specifically called out as a dependency anywhere it's used. If
not, then I think we should limit its use further and keep it in
Horde_Core.

-chuck