[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 18a53c7ffc56dd4df59a389b1f366a7089f51df6

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jul 22 16:15:28 UTC 2009

>> commit 18a53c7ffc56dd4df59a389b1f366a7089f51df6
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Tue Jul 21 21:49:28 2009 -0600
>>
>>    First attempt at placing logintasks in the proper place.
>>
>>    This is the only place guaranteed to run logintasks on both regular and
>>    transparent auth. However, it may not be appropriate to run logintasks
>>    if we are doing some kind of API call.  It might be better to simply run
>>    all login tasks for all applications on initial login.
>
> I agree with this - logging in global now (more than ever). Though,
> what about IMP and gollem when they have separate auth from Horde?

Yuck.  Looking back, I unfortunately think this is the reason why it
is necessary to do logintasks per application.  The original
motivation for rewriting logintasks code was for the new accounts code
in IMP - I wanted a way for users to login to their remote servers at
login time without a) keeping password information in preferences and
b) without having to write a new UI interface to do this when we
already had one.

We could do something like running all logintasks available given the
user's current authentication level, but this code could start to get
complex/hairy/slow.  I might just leave this as be for now and
re-visit it later.

michael