[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. d24993756c3cc44ec605adb79cca737537b2fe15

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jul 22 17:51:01 UTC 2009

> The branch "master" has been updated.
> The following is a summary of the commits.
>
> from: 25ad669914c9be547ddb967015c75bc0f8da8c8e
>
> d249937... Add Horde_Auth_Application callback feature.

> commit d24993756c3cc44ec605adb79cca737537b2fe15
> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
> Date:   Wed Jul 22 11:41:45 2009 -0600
>
>     Add Horde_Auth_Application callback feature.
>
>     Using application auth, especially if using application auth as horde
>     auth, there was previously a severe limitation in that the application
>     only had a limited environment when doing the auth.  This makes sense
>     because, since no user was yet logged in, there was no way to init
>     things such as prefs.  Best (only?) solution is to understand that
>     application auth only has limited environment and should be used to do
>     the minimum necessary to verify authentication only.  Login tasks and
>     the like need a full environment, so add a authentication callback hook
>     that will re-call the application after a full environment can be setup.

I should also add that this is necessary because application auth can
theoretically change the horde username (i.e. IMP and the realm
setting).  So even if an environment based on the authenticating user
was somehow passed to the authenticate method, it may still be
necessary to re-init the environment after this username is altered.

michael