[dev] Removing configFilesMissing() tests.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jul 29 20:32:39 UTC 2009

What are people's opinions on removing the
Horde_Test::configFilesMissing() tests present in some index.php
files?  To me:
1.) Seems like overkill; these tests are already done in test.php.  I
don't think we are asking too much for admins to read INSTALL and/or
access test.php, both of which describe the necessary files.
2.) These tests could potentially be run multiple times in a single session.
3.) It is easier to simply throw a fatal exception in the location
where the files need to be included.
4.) Most important, these tests are only run if index.php is accessed.
  There is a good chance applications will be accessed through a
different URL, so there will never be checking in those instances
(another reason why approach #3 is better)
5.) If we are going to ship with pre-set default configs in the
future, this no longer becomes necessary anyway.

michael