[dev] API Interface Rewrite

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 6 05:23:32 UTC 2009

> The code in the newapi branches works fine, albeit without any of
> this $types information.  But if the $types information is not being
> used anywhere, I'm inclined to merge the changes to master and we
> can deal with re-adding $types info later.

In the 'newapi' branches, I've gone ahead and mocked up some new
Application files in all horde-hatchery apps and converted over the
version and Horde_Auth_Authenticate calls (the latter only has calls
in imp).  Everything works great, but I'll stop at this point and get
some feedback.  Went with Horde_Registry_Application as the base
class, and callAppMethod() and hasAppMethod() as the registry names
for lack of better ideas.

Unfortunately, this probably won't work for anyone else because it
also requires several revisions in the horde lib/ files.  We really
should finalize a plan to move horde over to git as soon possible.

michael