[dev] CalDAV update

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Sep 15 11:54:55 UTC 2009

Hi Evert,

Zitat von Evert Pot <evertpot at gmail.com>:

> Hi Jan & Ben,
>
> I have a basic CalDAV server running. Although a large part of the
> protocol is not yet implemented, I have implemented enough to
> support ICal, Sunbird and Evolution (only has read-only support).
> The implemented features are :
>   * creating calendars
>   * creating calendar objects (events and todo's)
>   * updating calendar objects
>   * deleting calendar objects
>
> Although my real goal is to implement the full spec, I think this is
> a good time to start the integration process into Kronolith.

I agree.

> So my first question is.. Ben, do you still have time or interest in
> doing this?

Ben is still pretty busy AFAIK, so I wouldn't count on him. ;-) I'll
try to help you as much as possible.

> If so, I'll provide the setup instructions. Otherwise, I will need
> the following information:
>   * Where do I develop? Should a branch be made on your git
> repository? Should I get access to this at all?

We can get you a git account for Horde, that should make development
much easier. You can work on a branch, if you want to, but since your
changes should be in very narrow areas, you can also work in master.
Please note that some libraries, and Horde itself, are still
maintained in CVS.
If you need any help in getting things working, let me know.

>   * How do I develop it? While I could probably get something
> working, I think it's wise to get some information around where I
> add the controller, and how I hook into Kronolith's API's.
>
> Currently the abstract backends are pretty simple:
> http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/source/browse/branches/caldav/lib/Sabre/CalDAV/Backend/Abstract.php
> http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/source/browse/branches/caldav/lib/Sabre/DAV/Auth/Backend/Abstract.php

I'm currently working on basic implementations for those backends, so
that you have something to start with. CalDAV should replace the
WebDAV backend, so the frontend controller will be horde/rpc.php, like
for any RPC access.

> I do anticipate many changes to this as the protocol is developed
> further, but if these 2 backends are implemented, I believe it will
> allow me to spot oversights early in the process.
>
> Lastly, should I be addressing these emails to you guys directly, or
> should I starting using horde's dev mailing list?

I think it's a good time to move discussions over to the dev list, so
that others can chime in. You should also subscribe to the cvs and
commits mailing lists, because there is a lot of flux in the code at
the moment that might affect you too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/