[dev] CalDAV update

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 15 14:05:00 UTC 2009

Quoting Evert Pot <evertpot at gmail.com>:

> On 15-Sep-09, at 1:54 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>

>> We can get you a git account for Horde, that should make
>> development much easier. You can work on a branch, if you want to,
>> but since your changes should be in very narrow areas, you can also
>> work in master. Please note that some libraries, and Horde itself,
>> are still maintained in CVS.
>> If you need any help in getting things working, let me know.
>
> I don't want to broadcast this to everyone, but I do need some help..
>
> I have a checkout from horde-hatchery from the master branch, and
> you mention horde itself is still on CVS.
> I'm not as familiar with Horde's structure as I would like to be;
> Can you give me some pointers and suggestions around getting a
> working development workspace setup? I'll need to be able to do my
> testing, so otherwise I'll just be coding blind.
>
> If there's a wiki page or tutorial already written, I was unable to find it.

The instructions at:

http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev?referrer=ReleaseManagement#toc5

should get you started. Things are a bit confusing because of the move
from CVS to Git as our code is refactored for Horde 4.  You
essentially have to checkout HEAD from CVS, horde-hatchery (from git),
and horde-git and combine them. I personally use symlinks (as
described on the wiki link), but there are other ways to do it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
mike

--