[dev] [commits] Horde-Hatchery branch master updated. d3fcd5cdd11ada51d44c03fccd529ba9beed543d

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 6 18:30:57 UTC 2010

>> Most important, both the horde core and framework need to live in
>> the same repo.  When fixing bugs in an application, often the fix
>> is actually in a framework lib, or a horde core component, or a
>> combo of all three locations.  This commit message should be a
>> single standalone item so we can point to a single commit message
>> as solving a single bug report.
>
> That's a good point, and it's actually also a reason to not have a
> separate hatchery at all. If we only had one single repository for
> all application and framework code, we don't have any problems with
> commits spanning two repositories. And there shouldn't be a problem
> with merging hatchery to horde-git either.
> Did I really say that? :) I still would prefer having one repo per
> application, but I'm giving in that this really isn't feasible with
> Git atm.

I am leaning heavily towards a single repository also, based on both
our experience and also on my experience with git at work. We can use
branches much more than we currently do to keep things that aren't
ready for production out of the main view, for refactoring, etc.

> I see the main reasons for having all horde apps under the horde/
> directory being the groupware bundles and maintainability. We can't
> provide groupware tarballs that extract to multiple directories and
> files in the current directory, so we need a common parent directory
> anyway.

Couldn't that common parent directory be named "groupware", and
contain both a horde/ directory along with directories for all of the
included apps?

-chuck