[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 89bca7f749db1780dca80363d6f3d8c89f899df4

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 9 11:28:41 UTC 2010

> commit 97fd203dcaaf5ddf7c9c2252eb44ac76e8d84846
> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
> Date:   Sun Mar 7 20:15:31 2010 -0700
>
>     Add Horde_Themes:: library.
>
>     Move all themes related code to a single place (includes both image and
>     sound).
>
>     Horde::img(), through Horde_Themes::img(), will now attempt to auto
>     determine a graphic location. It looks in the following directories with
>     this priority:
>     1. App theme
>     2. Horde theme
>     3. App default
>     4. Horde default
>     This prevents us from having to copy all over all graphics for a theme -
>     now, only need the graphics that differ from defaults (caveat: if
>     in theme directory).

Please revert, at least the new autodetection code. Using
themed_graphics and caching it in the session is absolutely necessary
for perfomance reasons. Without that we are filestat'ing for
directories and images in *every* img() call, which puts a huge burden
on the filesystem IO, compared to the once-per-session stat'ing of
themed_graphics.
This was added after benchmarking massive performance degration when
introducing themes with graphics.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/