[dev] application for secure storing passwords with horde

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 9 11:32:10 UTC 2010

Zitat von Andre Pawlowski <sqall at h4des.org>:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was sick of storing my passwords local in an encrypted file and
> have written a Horde application for this. The application is called
> Eleusis. The user can create a passwordstore with a masterpassword.
> With this masterpassword the passwordstore will be encrypted with
> blowfish. So any user can store their passwords online in a secure
> way.
>
> The application NEVER stores anything unencrypted on the hard disk
> drive of the server and so even forensic tools for recovering files
> will fail when you want to crack the passwordfile.
>
> The application uses php mycrypt for the encryption and works with
> horde 3 (any version).
>
> You can download the project on http://h4des.org/index.php?inhalt=eleusis
>
> Is the horde project interested in this application? Should I store
> it on the horde server?

I personally use notes encryption in Mnemo for that purpose because I
can save arbitratry additional information there, not only password
pairs. But I can see some use and potential for that application.
Are you willing to further support this application with bug fixes,
updating to Horde 4, etc? Then we could host it as an official Horde
application on our servers.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/