[dev] Horde PEAR

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Thu Mar 11 10:49:15 UTC 2010

Hi Joaquim,

Quoting Joaquim Homrighausen <joho at webbplatsen.se>:

> Looking at Horde's PEAR repository, quite a few things there seem
> very old. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. Is this no longer
> maintained (like Text_Flowed, etc) .. or is there a better place to
> get updated versions of these modules?

It is still being maintained but very infrequently used. With the
currently stable Horde 3 version we did not yet rely on PEAR package
releases. So what we have on pear.horde.org is indeed rather old. The
plan is to rely more on PEAR packages with Horde 4 which is currently
under very active development. This is also the reason why we did not
yet push anything on pear.horde.org. I guess we already have a few
packages from the Horde 4 stack that we could release there but most
of them are not yet stable enough for a release.

Cheers,

Gunnar