[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 3af9c55c8151d96dae79facb7272f40f0907bfe3

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Apr 11 18:46:20 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> The branch "master" has been updated.
>> The following is a summary of the commits.
>>
>> from: 9fc391d83bad2e00b3a72c48e70d169362a5f54f
>>
>> 4e3770e Need to push app on stack earlier to prevent loop
>> 3af9c55 Consolidate code run when switching applications
>
> These commits, along with the previous one
> (9fc391d83bad2e00b3a72c48e70d169362a5f54f) defeat the purpose of the
> changes I made in Horde's Horde_Api::getPreference() api method.  By
> pushing AND popping the application entirely in
> Horde_Registry#loadPrefs, then the preference that you are trying to
> read is no longer available when the method exits. In other words,
> in Horde_Api::getPreference(), when $GLOBALS['prefs']->getValue() is
> called, the application whose preference you are trying to read is
> no longer on the stack, and the preference is no longer available.

This was my mistake - wasn't thinking clearly when doing this.  I
really would like it if there were no push/pop app calls other than
the scripts in services, but seeing as how the Api files define our
RPC calls, and we need an RPC call to grab the preferences, I guess
this is a necessary evil.  I have reverted my commit.

michael