[dev] Continuous Integration - Hudson / Cruiscontrol

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Tue Apr 13 06:02:13 UTC 2010

Hi!

I'm currently experimenting with two continuous integration setups.

Hudson currently lives at:

http://dev2.pardus.de:8080/

And cruisecontrol (phpUnderControl) lives at:

http://dev2.pardus.de:2812/cruisecontrol/

Both setups are not complete yet and only run
framework/bin/test_framework at the moment. The is no reporting beside
the analysis of the test results.

However Hudson shows a green status since yesterday evening which is
an important first milestone for me. I hope we are able to keep it
green from now on. I'm not going to activate e-mail notifications
(yet). I'll notify you manually if a commit broke the test suite for
now.

I hope to be able to complete both setups during the next two weeks so
that we can take a final decision which one we'd like to use. I'm
currently in favor of Hudson and have the impression that it provides
all features that phpUnderControl offers. And a lot of stuff beyond
that.

I'll send further status updates if I complete further parts of the setup.

Cheers,

Gunnar