[dev] Growler fade effect

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 19 15:57:40 UTC 2010

> I really don't like the fade effect if hovering over a growler
> notification, and it doesn't add anything to the user experience
> either.
> Can we please remove this again, Michael?

It is very useful (I would say essential) for two reasons:
1.) Reading a message in the preview pane - you get to the bottom of
the message, and the bottom right corner is entirely unreadable until
you either wait for the notification(s) to close automatically (waste
of time), click on the individual close buttons (annoying, too much
effort), or by simply hovering the mouse over the notification
(easiest).
2.) Composing a message is impossible when a notification appears
(generally auto-save notification) and you are at the bottom line of
the compose window.  Again, it is a very simple/quick fix to simply
position cursor over notification, and you are able to see the text
again.

michael