[dev] Growler fade effect

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 19 16:03:16 UTC 2010

>> I really don't like the fade effect if hovering over a growler
>> notification, and it doesn't add anything to the user experience
>> either.
>> Can we please remove this again, Michael?

+1

> It is very useful (I would say essential) for two reasons:
> 1.) Reading a message in the preview pane - you get to the bottom of
> the message, and the bottom right corner is entirely unreadable
> until you either wait for the notification(s) to close automatically
> (waste of time), click on the individual close buttons (annoying,
> too much effort), or by simply hovering the mouse over the
> notification (easiest).

I don't see how clicking on the close button(s) is any more annoying
or more effort then having to move your mouse over the notifications
to fade them...

Personally, I find the effect distracting and unexpected.

> 2.) Composing a message is impossible when a notification appears
> (generally auto-save notification) and you are at the bottom line of
> the compose window.  Again, it is a very simple/quick fix to simply
> position cursor over notification, and you are able to see the text
> again.

Can't say I've ever run across a problem composing a message due to a
notification, but that's just my personal experience.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein