[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 8d899d2a9375471e7ef8620515281ebb673f0f1e

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 19 16:10:42 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> We should not need the Datatree-related stuff anymore, right?  It
>> has been deprecated and is no longer an option under horde/config.
>
> My understanding was that we might still need the code for upgrade
> related tasks...maybe I misunderstood?

You are probably right.  But I also doubt we need all of the code in
the Driver to do this upgrade.  The issue will be that we have to
maintain that much more code in H4 that is essentially dead.

IMHO, it would make sense to rip out all code required for conversion
and put it into an upgrade script rather than a library.

The Datatree package itself is a little more difficult - obviously,
the core components will be used by other scripts when doing
conversions.  But I don't think we should continue to maintain a
package for it, considering it is 100% deprecated.  Again, maybe rip
out whatever is needed to upgrade and move it somewhere globally
available, but no longer its old package (horde/Support? horde/Upgrade?)

michael