[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 87d84ffd490f506ec7799b116e9f47f1975e32f6

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 26 15:56:37 UTC 2010

>>> Why?
>>
>> Because this is all sorts of Horde specific.  This is completely
>> useless outside of Horde.
>
> I don't agree. There is nothing Horde specific in, beside that it's
> modeled for Horde's needs (like most of our libraries). It's
> bascially just another database backed library.

Disagree heavily with this statement.  Signup contains a boatload of
hook calls, a specific link to a horde script (signup_confirm.php), is
tied pretty closely to Horde-specific aspects of Horde_Auth, and is
tied to Horde_Form (sort of the poster child of a library that is so
tied to Horde, it will be next to impossible to abstract out anything
useful).

Sure you could abstract this stuff out, but that would leave the base
Horde_Core_Auth_Signup_Base class with *absolutely no usable code*.
If someone else wants to do this, go ahead.  But IMHO we have much
more important tasks to do instead.

michael