[dev] ActiveSync with Nokia MfE - Strange Problem in Horde_Auth_Base

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Thu May 27 11:14:22 UTC 2010

Hi!

With the help of Michael I'm trying to get ActiveSync with Nokias MfE
3.0 to work. (see earlier thread - but as this is a specific question I
decided to open a new one)

When synching with MfE the function Horde_Auth_Base::authenticate() gets
called as expected and with the same parameters as when using WM 6.1.
This leads to a Horde_Auth::setAuth with correct credentials

A print_r() of the parameters looks as follows (same for MfE and WM):
setAuth authId: user, credentials: Array\n(\n    [password] =>
demo\n)\n, options: Array\n(\n    [change] => \n    [app] => imp\n)\n

But the function Horde_Auth_Base::transparent() calls
Horde_Auth::setAuth with empty credentials when called with MfE and
correct credentials when called with WM.

So with MfE the paramters look like this:
setAuth authId: user, credentials: , options: Array\n(\n    [change] =>
\n    [app] => turba\n)\n

and with WM 6.1 like this:
setAuth authId: user, credentials: Array\n(\n    [password] =>
demo\n)\n, options: Array\n(\n    [change] => \n    [app] => turba\n)\n

So using MfE the password is not sent correctly to turba - which causes
the problems described in the other thread...

As I'm not shure how the authentication system in Horde works I'm a bit
stuck here.

Anyone a hint how to proceed, where to look next, or eventually a solution?

regards
Lukas

--

software security networks