[dev] ActiveSync with Nokia MfE - Strange Problem in Horde_Auth_Base

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun May 30 00:06:44 UTC 2010

Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

> On 2010-05-28 21:43, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

>>> OK, I managed to create a dump I can open with wireshark. Can I send
>>> it to you (Michael) directly (it's 32K of Data...)?
>>>
>>> I wouldn't like to send it to the list, as it may contain sensitive
>>> data...
>>
>> Sure, not a problem.
>
> Michael,
>
> attached a dump of a try to sync of contacts (everything else
> switched of in MfE)
>
> I cleared the horde_activesync_* tables and startet a "full resync"
> in Mail for Exchange 3.0 on an Nokia E90

I took a look at the data, and parsed the wbxml. It looks like
perfectly valid active sync communications. I have no idea what issue
the device has with this data. However, searching around I did find
numerous complaints about MfE not working with Z-Push/Zarafa server.
The communication code we use is ported from the Z-Push project...
Perhaps the device doesn't implement the AS 2.5 protocol correctly, or
maybe it expects a parameter to be sent in a different order then we
send it.

If anyone on list is able to provide a network trace of a *successful*
sync session with one of these devices and a true MS Exchange 2003 or
earlier server (no ssl, of course), that would probably be a huge help.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein