[dev] Problems Kronolith, snapshots and content system

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat May 29 14:56:55 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:
>
>> So, could someone please answer me two short questions:
>>
>> 1.) Is there really no snapshot for content or did I miss it? If
>> missing would it be possible to add it to snapshots?
>
> Yea, it was missing from snaps, probably because we still have some
> decisions to make regarding how the content system is to be
> installed etc... I've added it to the list of apps to build for now
> though and it should be present after the next run of the snaps
> script.

Though keep in mind that you shouldn't mix snapshots from different
dates, as development is proceeding at a high rate right now. In
particular, the content system from _today_ will not be compatible
with kronolith from the date the you originally installed it from the
snapshot.  You'll either need to checkout newer snapshots, or pull a
version of content from git that is the same date as the kronolith
snap.  You might want to consider pulling the current source from git,
then it would be a simple matter of pulling updates every so often, at
least until the api is frozen. i.e. when Horde 4 starts the release
cycle. There are instructions on the website for setting up the dev
install - if you have issues/questions feel free to ask on the list or
the #horde channel on irc.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein