[dev] ActiveSync Nokia MfE Calendar...

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Mon Jun 7 18:46:36 UTC 2010

On 2010-06-07 19:18, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:

>>> Mailed to you by direct mail...
>>
>> This appears to be a bug in MfE. They are *requiring* the optional
>> (per MS specs) UID field. A number of other activesync compatible
>> servers have had similar reports/complaints regarding MfE. Going to
>> send a UID field for greatest device compatibility. Just need to
>> figure out what value to give it. I'll let you know when something is
>> committed.
>
> Ok, I've added the UID field by md5'ing the item's uid. Seems to not
> cause any other issues with the clients I can test. This field is
> supposed to be an optional *client* generated id, not a server generated
> id, so I have no idea what MfE is doing with the value. My hope is that
> it's just a bug in MfE's decoding, and that it is not actually using
> this value. My fear is that it is using it as an identifier instead of
> the serverId field, which the EAS spec says it must use. Please test
> this to be sure that:
>
> 1) After syncing appointment TO phone, that editing the appointment on
> either the phone or the server continues to work and does not cause
> duplicate entries.
>
> 2) After creating an appointment on the phone, try editing it on the
> server and be sure that it doesn't create a duplicate (of completely
> fail to update) the entry on the phone.

OK, applied the patches and tried to sync.

I made the following tests with one contact and one calendar-entry:

1.) Full sync from Horde to MfE 3.0
OK

2.) Changing Text of appointment on server, sync to MfE
OK

3.) Changing Time+Text of appointment on server, sync to MfE
OK

4.) Changing Text of appointment on phone, sync to Server
OK

5.) Changing Time+Text of appointment on phone, sync to Server
OK

6.) Created appointment on Phone, sync to server
OK

7.) Updated text of that event on phone, sync to server
OK

8.) Updated text of that event on server, sync to phone
OK

9.) Updated text on Server using a Umlaut, sync to phone
OK

10.) Updated text on phone using another umlaut, sync to server
OK

11.) Updated contact on phone, sync to server
OK

12.) Updated contact on server, sync to phone
OK

13.) Updated contact on phone using umlaut, sync to server
OK

14.) Updated contact on server using umlaut, sync to phone
OK

15.) Added contact on phone, sync to server
OK

16.) Changed that contact on server, sync to phone
OK

17.) Changed that contact on server and on phone,
OK, Server wins.

18.) Changed to a real user, full resync with 397 contacts and over 2000
appointments
Contacts OK, no appointment reached the phone, Error message "Failed to
decode XML document" in MfE-Log on phone.

So I'll try with my test-appointment of my testuser to figure out what
is bothering the phone.

Regards
Lukas

--