[dev] ActiveSync Nokia E90: Another Problem found...

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Tue Jun 22 12:19:54 UTC 2010

>> Although the phone says "sync completed" only 50 of over 2700
>> appointments are synched to the phone. In the activesync log of horde
>> I get the entry: "Exported maxItems of messages: 50 - more available"
>> and a little bit later, after another login, "Found 0 message changes,
>> checking for PIM initiated changes". So the other 2650 entries get lost.
>
> The table horde_activesync_state should have an entry in it that
> contains the uids of all 2,650 entries that haven't been yet sync'd.
> This might be a side effect of the other error below? Can you verify
> that the table has those entries?

The Table has one entry with sync_folderid='foldersync' and one entry
with sync_folderid='Calendar'.

The Calendar-Entry seems to be incomplete. In the field sync_data there
is a long text with lots of IDs.

As far as I can see a complete line should look like this:
a:3:{s:2:\"id\";s:44:\"20080407233202.19605b0wiodwlf0o at test.test.com\";s:4:\"type\";s:6:\"change\";s:5:\"flags\";s:10:\"NewMessage\";}i:2;

But there are just 517 of these entries (instead of 2600 and something)
and the last one looks like it is truncated - it stops in the middle of
the word "flags" and looks like this:

a:3:{s:2:\"id\";s:44:\"20080407233246.697639omc96ayuww at test.test.com
\";s:4:\"type\";s:6:\"change\";s:5:\"flag

According to phpMyAdmin the length of the text is truncated to 64KB -
which is the maximum length of the fieldtype text

So I changed the fieldtype of sync_data from text to longtext (again
without checking for any side-effects) and tried syncing again.

I could recieve 1330 appointments, 20 of them where discarded on the
phone - then the phone lost connection - but that seems to be a problem
of the internet-connection and not of horde...

>> Second problem is an entry saying "malformed recurrence element" in
>> the Mail for Exchange log on the phone.
>
> This _might_ be fixed by:
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/commits/2010-June/004218.html
>
> Not sure, as your sample event syncs correctly on my devices, though
> this fix is the correct way according to the specs.

No, still the same problem. I'll try to make wireshark dumps of that
entry with horde and Exchange...

--

software security networks