[dev] Registry.php: Ciphertext must not be empty

M. Braun mi.braun at onlinehome.de
Tue Jun 29 15:38:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am 24.06.2010 20:57, schrieb Lukas Gradl:
> The solution was that my ActiveSync client did'nt support cookies -
> perhaps take a look at the thread titled "ActiveSync with Nokia MfE -
> Strange Problem in Horde_Auth_Base" som days ago...

I used firefox 3.6.3 with cookies enabled and did a plain installation
using the framework/bin/install_dev script. The server was apache2 with
mod_php and test.php did not complain about problems.
The symptoms were about that after configuring horde to use a
mysql/pgsql database storage backend and imap login I didn't even get at
the login page but received the empty ciphertext message.
Even if this is caused by missing support for cookies in the browser,
this should not be printed to the user as "Missing ciphertext" but
missing cookie support.

I don't know if i crashed my cookies before as I first ran into troubles
because enabling the database backend for either session management or
caching caused different mysql / pgsql installations (debian
lenny/squeeze) to fail with "too many connections", though the database
and pdo limit was set to 100 connections, raising it to a higher limit
did not even solve it.

regards,
 Michael