[dev] Registry.php: Ciphertext must not be empty

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jun 30 05:56:52 UTC 2010

Quoting "M. Braun" <mi.braun at onlinehome.de>:

> Hi,
>
> Am 24.06.2010 20:57, schrieb Lukas Gradl:
>> The solution was that my ActiveSync client did'nt support cookies -
>> perhaps take a look at the thread titled "ActiveSync with Nokia MfE -
>> Strange Problem in Horde_Auth_Base" som days ago...
>
> I used firefox 3.6.3 with cookies enabled and did a plain installation
> using the framework/bin/install_dev script. The server was apache2 with
> mod_php and test.php did not complain about problems.
> The symptoms were about that after configuring horde to use a
> mysql/pgsql database storage backend and imap login I didn't even get at
> the login page but received the empty ciphertext message.
> Even if this is caused by missing support for cookies in the browser,
> this should not be printed to the user as "Missing ciphertext" but
> missing cookie support.
>
> I don't know if i crashed my cookies before as I first ran into troubles
> because enabling the database backend for either session management or
> caching caused different mysql / pgsql installations (debian
> lenny/squeeze) to fail with "too many connections", though the database
> and pdo limit was set to 100 connections, raising it to a higher limit
> did not even solve it.

Don't know what the issue is.  You will unfortunately probably have to
dive into the code a bit more to figure out the issue.  If you are
unwilling/unable to do this, you will most likely have to wait until
someone else does.  AFAIK, none of the devs have any issues (at least
of this type) authenticating to Horde.

michael