[dev] Filter Rules Expert Mode

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Aug 2 09:08:02 UTC 2010

Zitat von Rene Plattner <rene.plattner at uibk.ac.at>:

> Hi,
>
> I want to write an expert mode for the filter app which is able to edit
> the filter rules by hand.
> Any suggestions how this expert mode should be integrated into the
> filter app.

Depends on how complex you want this to become. The easiest is to
create a new page, similar to the script.php page, just with editing
capabilities.
A more smart solution would be to create a new rule type that allows
users to edit individual rules, so that they don't get overwritten
when editing the regular rules. Protection against overwriting manual
rules/rule sets is the biggest issue IMO anyway.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/