[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 666fd2783ad1e287962493b5fa58c971352e555d

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Wed Aug 25 18:03:41 UTC 2010

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

> The branch "master" has been updated.
> The following is a summary of the commits.
>
> from: 8455f906c8cdfb293fcf0083f754d4d4fde79c4a
>
> e1da6f4 Removed deprecated &new
> 78765ef Add the exception definition for this package.
> d634e19 Use autoloading.
> 650c02d The test setup needs to be removed later. Minor fixes to
> prevent failures.
> 1cb1647 Reactivate testing and make the basic filter test work again.
> f16d247 Start switching to injected logging.
> 5cf512d Extract the command line parsing.
> 2b3e623 Rewrote the basic filter definition.
> b6aed52 MFB: Cleanup logging.
> 0d8fd28 Working Incoming test.
> 6c5cb5c Start new Itip library.
> 5b5f395 Added testing and fixed some initial problems.
> fe6d273 Adapt to Icalendar H4 changes. Complete testing.
> e0d4936 Start adding an Imp test suite.
> edfe90f Completed testing of sending the iTip response.
> 25da03f Converted Imp to use the Horde_Itip library.
> f57afbb phpdoc
> 43a59fb Fix copyright for the things that were paid and stuff that I
> did in my spare time.
> c7bc485 Complete unit testing for Horde_Itip.
> 59361c8 Update package.xml
> 8b696ad Start using Horde_Itip in Kolab_Resource.
> 666fd27 Adapt testing to recent changes in HEAD.

I think I should add a few words concerning this refactoring:

A long, long time ago when Kolab was still in its infancy and just
started with resource management somebody copied the iTip handling
from Imp over to the Kolab repository
(http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolab-resource-handlers/kolab-resource-handlers/resmgr/Attic/resmgr.php?rev=1.1.1.1&hideattic=0&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup).

Since then both code segments have evolved somewhat but not really
that much. One of my initial goals when moving the Kolab PHP code into
the Horde repository was to merge similar features like these into a
single code base to ease maintenance and allow both sides to benefit
from each others experiences.

I'm utterly amazed to see how long it took me to even complete this
very small step down that path. And on the other hand I'm completely
happy that I managed to get this first step done now and finished a
joined Horde_Itip library.

I tried to ensure as much as possible and reasonable to keep all the
small differences between the Kolab and Horde world. Let me
nevertheless add a few remarks concerning the merge to highlight what
might have changed on the one or the other side and what differences
remain:

  - [Horde] The text part of the messages becomes a little bit more
verbose ("%s
    has accepted." -> "%s has accepted the invitation to the following event")
  - [Horde] The from address now contains the common name of the invited person
    (if available)
  - [Kolab] Does not automatically set the sequence attribute to 0
anymore if it
     does not exist -> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4863
  - [Kolab] Uses lower case mailto now -> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4872
  - [Kolab] A missing UID in the vEvent causes failure now

The main difference that has been kept is the fact that Kolab does not
send out multi-part iTip responses. Apparently there are Outlook
versions that don't handle/display these too well. This is not based
on my direct experience but just on the comments in the code changes
on the Kolab side.

Cheers,

Gunnar