[dev] Continuous Integration - Hudson / Cruiscontrol

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Sep 13 09:21:59 UTC 2010

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:
>>
>>> Over the weekend Chuck and Ben helped me getting the basics for
>>> the setup. So far the dependencies I identified were Java (Sun
>>> JDK), Ant, PHP, PEAR, and PHP xdebug. As far as I can tell only
>>> the last one is currently still missing from the machine. And it
>>> might be good to set the default timezone of the server in php.ini
>>> as this is currently unset and results in the notorious date/time
>>> warning.
>>
>> I installed xdebug. And date.timezone is set in php.ini - was this
>> added recently, or is there a path using a different ini file
>> perhaps?
>
> Thanks! Yes, I'm using a temporary php.ini which is just a bug :)
>

>>> I currently installed Hudson locally in my account. It is
>>> available at http://dev.horde.org:8080
>>
>> Cool!
>>
>>> I added the jobs for two packages now: "Autoloader" and "Itip".
>>> Both are green on my local installation. On dev.horde.org they are
>>> currently red because of the xdebug and timezone problems
>>> mentioned above. But you should already be able to get a feeling
>>> for the way this will look like. Many of the metrics are already
>>> being generated.
>>>
>>> Once the two basic jobs are working I'd start adding more packages/jobs.
>>
>> So, how can we help? :)
>
> I renamed the Elements framework package to the Components
> application now and adapted the build scripts accordingly. In
> addition I avoid using a temporary php.ini to set include paths.
> This allows running the jobs on dev.horde.org now.
>
> The remaining problem is the amount of available memory on that
> machine. The builds frequently fail because of that. So that is
> something we should still fix.
>
> Installation of the ci setup should be rather simple:
>
>  - Clone the horde-support repository
>  - Run "make install" in horde-support/ci-hudson

I get:

mkdir -p workdir/jobs/Autoloader
php -d
include_path=workdir/jobs/php-hudson-tools/workspace/pear/pear/php
workdir/jobs/php-hudson-tools/workspace/pear/pear/horde-components -c
workdir/jobs/Autoloader
workdir/jobs/horde/workspace/framework/Autoloader
Could not open input file:
workdir/jobs/php-hudson-tools/workspace/pear/pear/horde-components

workdir/jobs/php-hudson-tools/ only contains a config.xml.

>  - Run "make start" in horde-support/ci-hudson
>
> Feel free to test this on your local machine and report back if does
> not work.
>
> There are certainly still a lot of things that can be improved so
> I'm happy about any comments.
>
> At the moment I added 7 jobs to the Makefile. Feel free to add
> additional packages that have unit tests and should run fine.
>
> What kind of notifications for build failures should we setup?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>

>> -chuck
>>
>> --