[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 062155700ae928aa4ce65a7b01aaf1930b0cfaed

Michael J.Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Oct 8 02:40:17 UTC 2010

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> commit 74d8c79df6fea4ecd5c8926d577ce424afca3d45
>> Author: Michael J. Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>> Date:   Thu Oct 7 11:01:39 2010 -0400
>>
>>    Ask for Horde_Core_Factory_Crypt directly, change factory method
>> to create()
>>
>>    I can't remember from our discussions if we are still using
>> factory methods
>>    in the individual libraries (assuming no horde-specific config
>> in them). For
>>    now, retain the use of Horde_Crypt::factory().
>
> I'd like to see every factory and singleton removed from the
> framework packages, unless they are actual factories that provide a
> default set of configured objects all specific to the package.

Wouldn't keeping some of the factories in the framework packages be
beneficial for other projects using our libraries? They won't have
nice factory binders, so providing some sort of factory method would
seem to make sense, or am I missing something else here?

--mike

The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org