[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 062155700ae928aa4ce65a7b01aaf1930b0cfaed

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Oct 8 02:58:48 UTC 2010

Quoting "Michael J.Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> I'd like to see every factory and singleton removed from the
>> framework packages, unless they are actual factories that provide a
>> default set of configured objects all specific to the package.
>
> Wouldn't keeping some of the factories in the framework packages be
> beneficial for other projects using our libraries? They won't have
> nice factory binders, so providing some sort of factory method would
> seem to make sense, or am I missing something else here?

I was trying to get at this with my comment about actual factories.
The more I think about it the more I think that there's not a lot of
code here that isn't config or setup specific, and that sort of code
belongs in core, or in the codebase of other projects using the libs.

I'm definitely open to counter-examples, but if there are, I'd like to
see them become actual Package_Factory classes, not ::factory() or
::singleton() methods.

-chuck