[dev] Adding new jobs to Hudson / failing jobs (was: Re: [commits] Horde branch master updated. ed1757dce490773fb2de5ebadeabc8460ba447d7)

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Fri Nov 12 08:26:58 UTC 2010

>> commit 66c946aecdca2726b5e463691dc36a581cccfa69
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Fri Nov 5 16:58:15 2010 -0600
>>
>>    Fix Horde_Mime/PHPUnit 3.5 bugs. All tests pass
>>
>> framework/Mime/test/Horde/Mime/MailTest.php |  135
>> +++++++++++++++------------
>> 1 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Mime/test/Horde/Mime/MailTest.php?rt=horde-git&r1=ac74b5e1c12c6eb0831c1f149d3018ea2d083f08&r2=66c946aecdca2726b5e463691dc36a581cccfa69
>
> Message mainly for Gunnar...
>
> horde/Mime should be ready to go for ci/hudson.  I just can't quite
> figure out the command-line arguments for the components script to
> generate the appropriate hudson configuration.  Help?

You should be able to add the new job into the
horde-support/ci-hudson/Makefile and run "make job-Mime". After that
you instruct Hudson to reload the configuration.

The reason why I didn't document this yet is mainly that adding new
packages needs this reload. And that somehow leads to a loss of state
and most jobs are assumed to be failing - which results in annoying
mails to the mailing list.

We also had a few failing builds in the past week that seemed to
result from installing PEAR dependencies via the network. The
components tool has been able to install these from a local download
but I still need to update our build server to actually use that.

Hudson is on my agenda for today and the weekend as I wanted to blog
this on Monday. So I'll post here again once I fixed the issues I
currently still see with the system.

Cheers,

Gunnar