[dev] [Tickets #9424] Re: Registry losing cached interfaces information

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 20 19:16:55 UTC 2010

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> This made things even worse, now I don't even get a list of
>>> tickets anymore after updating simon.
>>
>> Fixed - this was a viral copy/paste error of a variable name.
>
> Okay, this reverted to the previous state. I can see ticket lists
> again and open individual tickets, but in the ticket details I still
> get "A fatal error has occurred". Since I only see this on simon,
> maybe you can log some debug information there.

See Bug #9424 for description on why/how this was fixed.

>>> Also I get duplicate function errors because registry.php is
>>> loaded more than once per request.
>>
>> This might be caused by the above.  I can't reproduce.
>
> No, I still see this happening, at least on simon. Try removing the
> "if (function_exists())" call in registry.php that I added there.

This is due to fixing a long-standing issue: the registry needs to be
completely rebuilt when changing languages or else you will see
translated strings contained in the registry for the rest of that
page.  But doing this requires us to re-read the registry.php file.
Using a function_exists() call is a valid way to make old registry.php
files work - but I just committed a rewrite of the registry.php.dist
file that moves the webroot auto-detection into Horde_Registry so this
is not an issue anymore.

michael