[dev] IMP - signature html

Ronan SALMON rsalmon at mbpgroup.com
Thu Dec 23 16:46:10 UTC 2010

Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> a écrit :

> Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:
>
>> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> a écrit :

>>> This is correct.  signature_html is an identity preference, and
>>> all identity preferences are stored inside of identities.
>>> signature_html is not a standalone preference.
>>
>> Our users are stored in LDAP and we don't want them to be able to
>> customize there name, email... change identity. Those prefs are set
>> automatically through hooks (which works beautifully).
>>
>> In previous version (and IMP v5.0-git) of Horde/IMP, locking
>> 'default_identity' didn't(doesn't) prevent users from
>> changing/updating IMP pref 'signature'.
>
> And it doesn't now either.  Locking default identity will prevent
> you from creating more than 1 identity, but still gives you full
> access to alter all of the identity prefs for the default identity.

Ok, if I locked 'default_identity', login as a user, and try to change
'signature_html' (IMP -> Preferences -> Personal Information), the
database (pref_name: identities) is updated but I always get a blank
signature_html field.

If I unlocked 'default_identity', everything seams to be Ok.

>> I would expect pref 'signature_html' to behave like pref
>> 'signature'. Users should be able, depending on prefs being locked
>> or not, to change either 'signature' or 'signature_html'.
>
> Very confused.  There is no standalone 'signature' preference.
> 'signature' is contained within the identities preference.  And
> 'signature_html' is treated identically to 'signature'.  See for
> yourself: imp/lib/Prefs/Identity.php.

I probably got confused as well with the different testing I'm doing
over here. I understand that now it doesn't use pref named
'signature', but doing this :
mysql> delete from horde_prefs;
mysql> insert into horde_prefs values ('rsalmon','imp','signature','Test');

login as 'rsalmon' and go to IMP -> Preferences -> Personal
Information : The signature field contains 'Test'.

Ronan.