[dev] IMP - signature html

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Dec 23 10:43:46 UTC 2010

Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:

> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> a écrit :
>
>> Quoting Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com>:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> using v5.0-git, shouldn't the HTML signature be stored in IMP pref
>>> signature_html ?
>>>
>>> Looking at mysql table 'horde_prefs' it looks like it is *only* saved in
>>> pref_scope='horde'
>>> pref_name='identities'
>>
>> This is correct.  signature_html is an identity preference, and all
>> identity preferences are stored inside of identities.
>> signature_html is not a standalone preference.
>
> Our users are stored in LDAP and we don't want them to be able to
> customize there name, email... change identity. Those prefs are set
> automatically through hooks (which works beautifully).
>
> In previous version (and IMP v5.0-git) of Horde/IMP, locking
> 'default_identity' didn't(doesn't) prevent users from
> changing/updating IMP pref 'signature'.

And it doesn't now either.  Locking default identity will prevent you
from creating more than 1 identity, but still gives you full access to
alter all of the identity prefs for the default identity.

> I would expect pref 'signature_html' to behave like pref
> 'signature'. Users should be able, depending on prefs being locked
> or not, to change either 'signature' or 'signature_html'.

Very confused.  There is no standalone 'signature' preference.
'signature' is contained within the identities preference.  And
'signature_html' is treated identically to 'signature'.  See for
yourself: imp/lib/Prefs/Identity.php.

If you don't want users to alter certain identity values, simply lock them.

michael