[dev] Components (Re: [commits] Horde branch master updated. 5e98a19ff7e635c7c32b849f9663b205d09f2efa)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 12 17:40:20 UTC 2011

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

> Hi!
>
> With the following commit...
>
> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:
>

>> commit 5e98a19ff7e635c7c32b849f9663b205d09f2efa
>> Author: Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>
>> Date:   Wed Jan 12 12:05:45 2011 +0100
>>
>>    Rough component documentation is possible now.
>>

> .. you can now use the components package to generate HTML
> documentation for a single Horde component. Still pretty rough
> around the edges but you should be able to run it locally like this:
>
> php components/bin/horde-components -t components/data/html -O
> ../tmp framework/Exception
>
> This should generate the HTML pages for the "Exception" package into
> the ../tmp directory.
>
> The resulting pages are currently following the Routes draft at
> http://dev.horde.org/routes/
>
> Of course there is still a lot missing and these were the elements I
> was considering to include in the pages for each component:
>

>    - Name
>    - Summary
>    - Important bullet points
> (http://components.symfony-project.org/dependency-injection/)
>    - Description
>    - Changelog
>    - Last Release version
>    - Released versions + changes
>    - Dependencies
>    - Release Feed
>    - Download link
>    - Repo link
>    - Developers (www / mail)
>    - License
>    - Documentation
>    - Installation instructions
>    - Link to mailing list
>    - API doc
>    - Examples
>    - CI link / stats
>    - Horde backlink
>
> If you have any additional wishes/ideas or some remarks please let me know.
>
> In order for these component pages to make sense I think I need
> actual releases. A good first target might be the "Injector" package
> which seems to be rather stable to me.
>
> I did not think much about how to actually do component releases
> yet. I assume we could/should switch pear.horde.org to pirum
> (http://www.pirum-project.org/). This would reduce pear.horde.org to
> something like http://pear.pirum-project.org - The information that
> our current PEAR server displays on each package would then be
> replaced by the component information on
> http://components.horde.org. Pirum
> (https://github.com/fabpot/Pirum/blob/master/pirum) is rather lean
> and I assume we could tweak it in case necessary.
>
> Once http://pear.horde.org is ready for releases and contains the
> first Horde4 component release I would start on
> http://components.horde.org.

I always thought that Pirum was *too* lean for our purposes, since it
required manual uploading of packages to the server's file system last
time I looked. This might have been changed by now, or this might no
longer be an issue if this is being automated with components. I just
wanted to raise my original concerns about Pirum.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/