[dev] Kronolith_Resources

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Mar 2 12:32:07 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag 01 März 2011, 22:44:31 schrieb Michael J. Rubinsky:
> -- Mike
>
> "Michael J. Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>
> Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I just browsed some H4 apps for inspirations while I modeled a
> > share-based Horde4 rewrite of the eleusis password store and I noticed
> > that in Kronolith, attendees are currently abstracted as resources for an
> > event. I am wondering if that would allow later versions of kronolith to
> > accept other "resources" provided by another horde app as assets of an
> > event, for use cases "I need to bring the laptop" or free/busy use cases
> > like "is meeting room XY free on wednesday"? I know, the current inventory
> > app is unmaintained. Just wondered if this is the intention of the model
> > or if I am completely off. -- Ralf Lang Linux Consultant / Developer B1
>

> Kronolith already has resource support in H4, thogh currently the resources
> are all managed from within kronolith. It's an interesting idea to provide
> the resources via other apss though. -- Mike

Thank you. I just checked that one out and it works great for my use case.
Didn't find it in the ajax view though.

Is the new shares api considered stable (as in: no radical changes in the
interfaces are to be expected?)

I'm just figuring out from turba and kronolith how you intend them to be used
by coders.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer