[dev] [commits] [Wiki] changed: ShowStoppersFourOh

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 7 16:46:43 UTC 2011

Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> Have we decided on what to do with mobile vs traditional vs ajax
>>> yet? I know there is a drop down if using IMP auth, but it's not
>>> fully functional yet as far as I can tell. Should this be fixed
>>> before the alpha?
>>
>> Is it not? And I don't recall we considered anything to be done for
>> that? The default view is picked based on the browser's
>> capabilities, the user's preference, the login screen selection, in
>> incrementing priority. I think that works pretty well.
>> What needs to be worked on is the iframe vs. full window loading I
>> mentioned in the show stoppers (for alpha) and the dynamic portal
>> cleanup (for finals).
>>
>> If we get to a more consistent layout at least for the two ajax
>> apps, that's a bonus. Did I miss something in this list?
>
> One problem with the existing way is that if it is detected as a
> mobile device, then the user gets no chance to login to a non-mobile
> view. Add to that the fact that if the device is detected as a
> mobile device, and the application does not contain a mobile view
> then we don't send any CSS or javascript to the browser. This is
> because we use the same common-header.inc file for every app. Maybe
> this part at least could be fixed by calling an application callback
> to verify the existence of a mobile view before denying the
> javascript/css. This makes is very difficult to use Horde on a
> device such as the iPad.
>
> Am I missing something?

No, that's right. I didn't notice this yet, because I *always* use the
mobile views with mobile devices, and I do *not* use any apps without
mobile views either. :)
Anyway, we need a bug or show stopper entry for that, and this could
certainly be done after the alphas.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/