[dev] [commits] [Wiki] changed: ShowStoppersFourOh

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 7 16:16:26 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> +* **Add configuration whether to load static apps inside iframe
>>> of ajax apps and default to false.**
>>
>> Have we decided on what to do with mobile vs traditional vs ajax
>> yet? I know there is a drop down if using IMP auth, but it's not
>> fully functional yet as far as I can tell. Should this be fixed
>> before the alpha?
>
> Is it not? And I don't recall we considered anything to be done for
> that? The default view is picked based on the browser's
> capabilities, the user's preference, the login screen selection, in
> incrementing priority. I think that works pretty well.
> What needs to be worked on is the iframe vs. full window loading I
> mentioned in the show stoppers (for alpha) and the dynamic portal
> cleanup (for finals).
>
> If we get to a more consistent layout at least for the two ajax
> apps, that's a bonus. Did I miss something in this list?

One problem with the existing way is that if it is detected as a
mobile device, then the user gets no chance to login to a non-mobile
view. Add to that the fact that if the device is detected as a mobile
device, and the application does not contain a mobile view then we
don't send any CSS or javascript to the browser. This is because we
use the same common-header.inc file for every app. Maybe this part at
least could be fixed by calling an application callback to verify the
existence of a mobile view before denying the javascript/css. This
makes is very difficult to use Horde on a device such as the iPad.

Am I missing something?

--mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org