[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. content-1.0.0alpha1-55-g737d6d8

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Fri Mar 11 13:26:34 UTC 2011

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:
>

>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Please update package.xml too.
>>
>> I still intend to provide a commit helper within the components
>> tool that would enter the commit message as a note to the changelog
>> (or the changelogs in case we intend to have two for the
>> applications). I hope to get that done at the beginning of next
>> week. If you have any wishes concerning that... I'm open to
>> suggestions.
>
> I'm not sure how you intend this to work. Mark changelog entries
> specially in the commit message? We definetely don't want all commit
> messages in the logs.

Combining this with the commit message would actually be optional. The
main point would be to allow modification of the change logs via the
command line. I find editing the package.xml files annoying and if you
have to keep track of two files for the applications things don't get
easier.

The idea would be to use the context sensitive component helper that I
started at the beginning of this week (currently called "hmk". Does
anybody have a more decent name?).

Assuming you are in compontent "Core" you'd say

  hmk changed "Bug #1234: Fixed this bug"

and that would update the notes in framework/Core/package.xml.

For the applications it could also take care of the same change in CHANGE.

And in case you want to make that your commit message at the same time
you'd just say:

  hmk changed -G "Bug #1234: Fixed this bug"

> Also, which changelog is being updated when several components are affected?

I did not intend to make this work for all situations. I'd just like
to have some kind of helper for the common case.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
Core Developer