[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. content-1.0.0alpha1-55-g737d6d8

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Mar 13 19:58:51 UTC 2011

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

>>> I still intend to provide a commit helper within the components
>>> tool that would enter the commit message as a note to the
>>> changelog (or the changelogs in case we intend to have two for the
>>> applications). I hope to get that done at the beginning of next
>>> week. If you have any wishes concerning that... I'm open to
>>> suggestions.
>>
>> I'm not sure how you intend this to work. Mark changelog entries
>> specially in the commit message? We definetely don't want all
>> commit messages in the logs.
>
> Combining this with the commit message would actually be optional.
> The main point would be to allow modification of the change logs via
> the command line. I find editing the package.xml files annoying and
> if you have to keep track of two files for the applications things
> don't get easier.
>
> The idea would be to use the context sensitive component helper that
> I started at the beginning of this week (currently called "hmk".
> Does anybody have a more decent name?).

Do we need a separate command at all?

> Assuming you are in compontent "Core" you'd say
>
>  hmk changed "Bug #1234: Fixed this bug"
>
> and that would update the notes in framework/Core/package.xml.
>
> For the applications it could also take care of the same change in CHANGE.
>
> And in case you want to make that your commit message at the same
> time you'd just say:
>
>  hmk changed -G "Bug #1234: Fixed this bug"

Sounds good.

>> Also, which changelog is being updated when several components are affected?
>
> I did not intend to make this work for all situations. I'd just like
> to have some kind of helper for the common case.

That's fine, my latter question was rather assuming that the changelog
entries are retrieved from the commit messages.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/