[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 395a6e1f5eaf894889892e2d1c58f5bb71a22188

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Mar 25 18:38:42 UTC 2011

> I'm really asking for nothing more than a reset/clear command to
> horde/bin/db_migrate - a command that will essentially run ONLY the
> version 1 -> 0 downgrade no matter the current version of the schema.

A reset command seems reasonable, but having it run only a 1 -> 0
downgrade would not be enough. If your schema is currently at e.g., 8
- your DB is likely to contain tables that were not present in version
1 of the schema, so *all* existing tables will not be dropped when
running the 1 -> 0 down() command. This would lead to stray tables,
possible exceptions during the full migration up(), and the
possibility for data corruption due to the fact that not all up()
migrations are 100% reversible. The only way to be 100% sure of
getting rid of *all* tables is to run the *full* down migration
path...which leads you back to the initial issue.

..or am I still missing something?

mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org