[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 395a6e1f5eaf894889892e2d1c58f5bb71a22188

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Mar 26 18:51:34 UTC 2011

> I'm not talking about migration.  I'm talking about recreating the
> database.  It may be called Horde_Db_Migration, but the fact is this
> is the *ONLY* way to presently create database tables in Horde.
> There is no way to manually create a table.  So if something goes
> wrong, and something WILL go wrong, I am SOL without advanced PHP
> knowledge?  Because what you are essentially asking from an admin is
> that if something goes wrong in a database, they need to visually
> parse the contents of a migration script to determine which tables
> to drop while also tasking them with the knowledge that a schema
> version table exists elsewhere in the database that also has to be
> altered.

Seems like another angle at this would be to add some additional
tooling and to make db_migrate more general, something like just
./bin/db_schema, with several commands:

- migrate: what it currently does
- list_tables: list the tables present in the current, or specified,
schema version
- show_sql: show the sql to create a schema version, or to migrate
between two schema versions

-chuck