[dev] Forward message with separate attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Mar 29 17:58:08 UTC 2011

> Quoting goncalo.queiros at portugalmail.net:
>
>> Hi there list.
>>
>> The current behaviour when you forward a message with attachments is a bit
>> strange, since you can't choose which attachments you really want to send

[Looks like I hit the issue with early termination of a sent mail
message :(  Here's my full response:]

This was incorrect behavior.  The idea of forwarding a mail message is
to forward the ENTIRE message - meaning, you are redirecting the
entire contents of the original message to another person. (The
difference between redirect and forward is that with redirect you, as
the redirector, are transparent - the message looks like it came from
the original sender.  Forwarding allows you to add notes/additional
data )

What you are asking for (and what Horde used to do) is instead a form
of attachment file selection - in this case, using files stored in a
remote e-mail message vs. the normal method of attaching files stored
on the users' computer.  But at an abstract level, this isn't
"forwarding" the message at all.  So it is just plain wrong behavior
to have this behavior as a forward option.

michael