[dev] Forward message with separate attachments

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 30 04:32:31 UTC 2011

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> I agree. Also see
>> https://twitter.com/#!/wbond/statuses/13041486953. I have this
>> saved because I think it gets to the heart of what a lot of people
>> find less than ideal about our UI.
>
> Not to sound like a whiner... but this personally gives me zero
> input into our supposed issues.  You sure can sound smart bit*hing
> in 160 characters, but what does that prove?  Constructive criticism
> would be about 100x more useful.

No argument with that.

Back to the original discussion, I don't think the abstract concept of
what a "forward" is matters to people. The fact that forwarding an
email message conceptually means sending it as-is to another person
doesn't matter, if what people want the button labeled "forward" to do
is actually "reply to this message with a different quoting style,
preserving attachments, and let me edit it, add commentary, and remove
some of the attachments".

-chuck