[dev] Forward message with separate attachments

Gonçalo Queirós goncalo.queiros at portugalmail.net
Wed Mar 30 08:18:39 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 06:07 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Except my user expectation is different.  Forward to me means to send
> the entire message to a new set of users.
I understand your point, but actually what is true is that end users are
used to this behavior, and while in some features you can explain them
that the changes is for the better, it doesn't make sense to a user
(that was used to choose what attachments to forward) to save all
attachments to his pc, to attach them latter to the message.

I believe the behavior you described with the real world example is
perfect, but i think that in real world sometimes you receive documents
that you edit only small parts. It would be fun to have to type all the
work again, just to edit those parts, if you know what i mean.

The option can leave bellow forward, it could be a pref, a conf,
whatever. As long as the option exist, it will be a matter of fine tune
by system administrators ;-)

Thanks

--
Gonçalo Queirós
Eng. Software

*Portugalmail* | plataformas de inovação
*w.* http://www.portugalmail.net