[dev] [commits] Horde Web Source branch hordeweb_new updated. eb47b795c04fa5d1e8fa051738b9cb041d3e47ca

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Apr 8 23:08:37 UTC 2011

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> commit eb47b795c04fa5d1e8fa051738b9cb041d3e47ca
>> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>> Date:   Sat Apr 9 00:09:45 2011 +0200
>>
>>    Highlight important phrases. Maybe even link them?
>>
>> app/views/Home/index.html.php |   25 ++++++++++++++-----------
>
> I've been compiling a list of things to thing about changing based
> on some of the feedback we've been getting - one thing that has
> occured to me is to combine the main download page with the
> application list page (/apps). The download page really doesn't have
> much in the way of useful information on it. The little bit of copy
> it does have is repeated on each application's download page as
> well. I think having the Download link (and maybe rename the link?)
> in the top navbar go directly to /apps would be an improvement.

This is the one concern I have to make about the new site (great job
otherwise!).  Clicking on the download button, it took me a bunch of
time to realize that I had to click on the links under 'Released
Applications'.  And those links are completely useless without some
sort of context for most people.

Also, Released Applications needs to be delineated between the new H4
and the older H3 applications.  It is very confusing to see DIMP and
MIMP on that list.

On the application download pages, I would like to see the 'Current
Development Release' section either moved underneath 'Obtaining
Current Development Versions' or hidden if none are available.

michael