[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. f8a6f7f7137d3af15f807e5cee15b31733d5156d

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Apr 15 22:03:02 UTC 2011

>> commit 5027138546aa2b8e5ccf38c2b598e6a00c5e0f38
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Fri Apr 15 12:08:58 2011 -0600
>>
>>    Tweak time_format options
>>
>>    Provide description for 24-hour based formats, since it may not be
>>    obvious before 13:00.
>>    Remove leading-zero representations; it causes confusion when
>> viewed after
>>    09:59 since it looks identical.
>>
>> horde/config/prefs.php |   10 ++++------
>> 1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/5027138546aa2b8e5ccf38c2b598e6a00c5e0f38
>
> That doesn't make sense. We remove an option from the prefs because
> we are not able to display the difference? We should use a different
> time for the examples then.

..and therein lies the problem.  There is no example time that would
show the differences between the various options, because for 24-hour
time the differences are not apparent until after 1300 but for leading
zeros, the differences are not apparent unless before 1000.  We can't
provide different times for each option because that is just confusing
and provides no way to compare between the options.

For a sane/reasonable set of defaults, we really shouldn't be
providing options that hinge on a leading zero.  That is simply
overkill.  The options provided boil down to whether you want to show
seconds or not.

And adding indication that time is 24-hour instead of 12-hour is much
better IMHO even if the example does show times over 1300.

mihcael